MeshRemote for Mac is a companion application for MeshRemote for iOS device. It allows you to remote control the iPod music library on an iOS device(iPhone,iPad,iPod touch) from a Mac. The iOS device must be running the MeshRemote app for iOS .
Response to reviews in the Mac App Store
Thanks for the positive review.
1) The app does support section index. Just press the alphanumeric key in any screen which displays audio items and it takes you to the section corresponding to the pressed
2) The app does support search functionality. Just press keyboard shortcut ⌘ F to open the search screen. Will put up a search button on the screen in the next update.
3) You can go to the browser home screen from any screen which displays audio items by clicking on the blue colored half home button. But your suggestion to include icons for albums,podcasts etc on the bottom of the screen is a good one. Will make sure that an update has that feature.
The following operations can be done on a iPod music library on a compatible iOS device running MeshRemote app from a Mac running MeshRemote
-Set repeat mode and shuffle
-View the current playback queue associated with the currently playing item and choose to play items in that playback queue (OR) View items associated with the currently playing item depending on the context. Refer to the user guide available at the app support website for more details
- Search functionality( keyboard shortcut ⌘ F)
- Item index functionality( Just press an alphanumeric key on the keyboard and the items scroll to show the corresponding item section)
- Quick switch from any screen which displays audio item to the browser home screen to choose a different category of items. Just click the blue half home button available in all screens which display audio items.
The following elements of the music library in the controlled device is visible in the remote controller
-Album art of currently playing/paused item
-Items related to the currently playing items.
- Smart Playlists generated by the system may not function as expected if the playlist is as dynamic as "Recently Played" or "Top rated".
-You cannot remote control items from the shared library in the controlled device